1. Can I view my bill online? Yes, by logging into MyWWC and clicking on Billing & Aid, then Student Account you can see your student account. Generate a Course and Fee Statement to view your total ending balance with unearned work factored in.
  2. Can I pay my bill online? Yes, you can make electronic payments 24 hours a day through your secure MyWWC account.  Click on Billing & Aid, then Student Account, and then My Account Balances. Convenience fees are charged for credit/debit card payments.  No fees are charged for e-checks.
  3. When is my bill due for the Fall Semester? July 1 for new students, July 15 for continuing students.
  4. When is my bill due for the Spring Semester? December 15th.
  5. When is my bill due for the Summer Semester? May 15th
  6. How do I give my parents access to my student account details? In order to comply with Federal privacy laws, we are only able to share information with students and their authorized users. Students can designate authorized users via the FERPA Form.
  7. Can you send the billing email directly to my parents? We can only send bills to parents if the student authorizes access via the FERPA Form
  8. What is my bill for? Your bill represents your charges and credits for one term (fall, spring, or summer) plus any remaining balance from prior terms. If your bill shows a balance due, it means that the college is seeking payment of that balance by the due date shown. If your bill shows a credit due back to you, then the bill is for informational purposes and no action is required of you.
  9. Why isn’t my financial aid showing up on my bill? Your financial aid application is not complete. Please contact the Financial Aid Office to see what’s pending at or (828) 771-2082.
  10. My bill is wrong--how do I fix it? If you have questions about any charges or non-financial aid credits on your bill, please email, call/text us at 828-771-2062, or book a virtual or phone appointment here
  11. What kinds of online payments do you accept? Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Checking account ACH (e-checks).  Convenience fees apply to credit/debit card transactions.
  12. Can I make a payment in person? Yes! Come by the Student Accounts Office in upper Ogg to make a payment via check or cash (exact change needed). The cashier window is open 8:00-10:00am Monday and Wednesday
  13. Can I sign up for a payment plan? Yes. Interest-free payment plans are offered through Tuition Management Systems (Nelnet). Visit or call (888) 713-7234 to enroll.
  14. There is a housing fine listed on my account--who do I ask about this charge? Contact the Housing Office at 828 277-2071.
  15. I have a hold on my account. What does this mean? This means that you have an outstanding balance on your account. This needs to be paid before the hold is removed. You will not be able to register or receive official transcripts or diploma until the hold is removed.
  16. I have a negative balance on my account; what does this mean? This means that the payments and credits exceed the charges on your account. You may be eligible for a refund.
  17. How do I get a refund of my credit balance? Only after all aid has been disbursed can we issue refund checks. See Refund Checks & Bookstore Vouchers for more information and timing for refunds.
  18. I have a credit balance on my account. Can I get a credit voucher to use in the campus bookstore before my refund check has been processed? If you have a credit balance on your account, you may request a voucher to use at the online bookstore. Complete the Bookstore Voucher Form here. Please be aware that issuance of a voucher will delay and reduce the amount of your refund check. 
  19. I filled out the health insurance waiver online at, but the health insurance charge still shows on my account. It takes up to 10 days for your coverage to be verified. Once it’s been verified, you’ll receive an email from CIGNA. Then, the charge will be credited back to your account. Log back into your CIGNA account to see the status of your waiver.  If you cannot log in (using your WWC email address), your initial account set up may not have gone through and you should start the waiver process again. Contact Student Life for more information at (828) 771-3802
  20. Where should third-party scholarship checks be sent? Scholarship checks should be made payable to Warren Wilson College and mailed to WWC CPO 6362 Box 9000 Asheville, NC 28815-9000. They could also be dropped off in person to the 2nd floor of the Ogg building Monday and Wednesday 8:00-10:00am
  21. Do you accept payments from College Savings Plans? Yes! Please contact your plan provider to start the process. Make sure to contact them early enough so that your payment can be received by the billing due date. Inform them that you want to authorize payment to Warren Wilson College for the upcoming semester.
  22. Can I change my meal plan? Yes. You can change your meal plan before the last Add/Drop date of the semester with Campus Housing.
  23. I am a Day Student. Can I purchase a meal plan on my student account? No, Student Accounts does not bill for day student meal plans. You can, however purchase a commuter plan directly from Dining Services
  24. How do I contest parking tickets? Contact the Public Safety Office at 828-230-4592 or Ogg 104.
  25. How do I apply for a Leave of Absence? Once you’ve completed your Leave of Absence form with the Registrar’s Office, come by Student Accounts to pay the $50.00 LOA fee and the $250.00 non-refundable deposit (for the semester for which you are returning to WWC).
  26. Why did I receive a W-2 in January? You will receive a W-2 only if you earned wages as a WWC employee during breaks. If you don’t know what to do with it, send it to your parents! Wages earned as part of the Work Program are not taxable, and you will not receive a W-2 for them.
  27. Why did I receive a 1098-T tax form?  This is an income tax form that is furnished to the student and to the IRS each calendar year. It reflects payments received for qualified tuition and fees, and scholarships/grants received during a calendar year. This form may assist you in preparing your income taxes for the year provided.
  28. I lost my W-2 or 1098-T!  How do I request a duplicate? Send an email from your WWC email address (for identity verification) to Include your complete name and specify the tax form and year that you are requesting.  A pdf will be emailed to you within two business days.
  29. Why does my 1098-T form look different than last year? In previous years, your 1098-T included a figure in Box 2 that represented the qualified tuition and related expenses (QTRE) we billed to your student account for the calendar (tax) year. Due to a change to institutional reporting requirements under federal law, beginning with tax year 2018, we are reporting in Box 1 the amount of QTRE you paid during the year.
  30. Why don’t the numbers on Form 1098-T equal the amounts I paid to WWC during the year? The amount in Box 1 only represents amounts paid for QTRE during the calendar year and does not include payments made for room and board, insurance, dorm fines, or parking which, though important, are not considered mandatory education expenses for tax purposes. Payments include 3rd party payments, payment plans, loans, grants, and scholarships -- and are reduced by issued refunds.
  31. What semesters are included on my Form 1098-T? Form 1098-T reports amounts that the student paid in a certain year, and the pay date does not necessarily correspond to the dates that the classes were attended. For example, tuition for the Spring semester is typically billed in November so a student may have paid tuition for the Spring semester in 2017 despite the fact that classes didn’t start until 2018. The best and most accurate source of information about the amounts that you paid for qualified tuition and related expenses will be your Course and Fee Statement. Students can find the Course and Fee Statement at: Billing&Aid > Student Account > Course and Fee Statement.  Parents/Family Members who have logged into MyWWC can find the Statement at: My Student > click on the Student's name > Tools&Information > Student Account Information > My Account Balances
  32. I don’t understand what I’m supposed to do with this Form 1098-T. HELP! We are unable to provide tax advice. For guidance you may want to consider IRS Publication 970.pdf in addition to Choosing a Tax Professional.