The Global Engagement Office offers support and services for international students and scholars including:
- International student advising (for both F1 and J1 visa holders)
- International student orientation (before students' first semester)
- Help with obtaining and maintaining visa status
- Assistance with class registration and academic support
- English Language Learning (ELL)
- Some necessary transportation
- Ongoing programming for cultural learning and sharing
As an international student at Warren Wilson, here are a few important pieces of information that will be useful to you:
- All international exchange students will be housed in Worldwide House, a dorm for international students & domestic students interested in intercultural exchange. Four-year international students will have the option to live in Worldwide House after their freshman year.
- There are a range of courses available to international students. To search courses available, visit the Course Schedule page. If the term you are interested in is not yet listed, you can visit that term for the prior academic year and it is safe to assume that the majority of the courses offered will be offered again the subsequent year.
- All international exchange students will have access to community engagement opportunities, but they are not required. For four-year international students, they are required and are one of the best parts of the Warren Wilson College education! To learn more about current community engagement opportunities visit our community engagement database.
- All international students will participate in the Work Program, which is another incredible part of the Warren Wilson educational model and is required of all students! To learn more and explore the roughly 90 different work crews that are available, visit the position listings.
Location: Log Cabin, Room 110
Phone: (828) 771-3057
Campus Post Office Box: 6371
Email: [email protected]
Monday - Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm
(We are partially closed for Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer breaks. We are closed for all campus recognized holidays.)
Want to sign up for an advising appointment with Rachel Kerr, the international student advisor? Sign up here!