The mission of the Global Engagement Office (GEO) at Warren Wilson College is "to increase global and intercultural understanding of civic identity in the campus community through study abroad programming, learning opportunities, and international student and scholar services." The result is a culturally diverse community of students who are equipped to excel in multicultural environments that demand cultural competence and a strong sense of global citizenship.
GEO acts as the international hub at Warren Wilson. The following are the core activities of the office:
- Advise students on their plans to do a semester or year abroad through one of our domestic partnerships and guide students through application processes.
- Select, plan, and implement 5-6 faculty-led courses annually and guide students through application processes.
- Lead pre-departure orientations and re-entry workshops for all college-sponsored programs.
- Manage the College's 11 exchange partners including ISEP and support an inbound group of semester and year-long exchange students annually.
- Support our visiting international scholars annually including visa sponsorship and social/cultural adaption.
- Serve as DSO and RO for all international visa sponsorship including F1 and J1 visas and CPT/OPT status for international students wishing to obtain work during or immediately following their time at Warren Wilson.
- Serve as the hub of international student advising including: offering ongoing programming on a monthly basis, international student orientation each semester, assisting with class registration and academic support, and managing the enrollment and faculty for English Language Learning (ELL).
Location: Log Cabin, Room 108-110
Phone: (828) 771-3057
Campus Post Office Box: 6371
Email: [email protected]
Monday - Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm
(We are partially closed for Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer breaks. We are closed for all campus recognized holidays.)
Want to sign up for an advising appointment with GEO? Stop by the office or email [email protected] or fill out this form.