About the Counseling Center
The Warren Wilson College Counseling Center (WWCCC) provides free and confidential counseling services for all registered WWC students. WWC offers a range of services including short-term individual, group, and couples counseling; assessment, crisis intervention, faculty and staff consultation/support, and referrals to regional/community providers and resources. We are located in Murden, the same building as the Health Center. We are next to the Pavilion. If you walk down through the Formal Gardens (in front of Bryson Gym), you will come out directly in front of our building.
TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT click here. When you schedule the appointment you have an opportunity to select either in person or telehealth appointment with one of our staff counselors.
We also are pleased to offer TimelyMD, a web/app based service for all WWC undergrad students, providing 24/7 access:
Medical (consult with medical providers at any time-providers are able prescribe medications for common illnesses)
TalkNow (speak with a mental health provider any time)
Scheduled Counseling (select a counselor from a diverse range of providers, and receive 12 free counseling sessions per year)
Health Coaching (speak with a Nutritionist about healthy eating, exercise, stress management, and a range of other areas with a holistic wellness perspective)
Students often seek counseling due to:
- Difficult life choices
- Relationship issues: friends, roommates, romantic partners, family, or work life
- Coping with stress and anxiety
- Dealing with depression (including symptoms of suicidality, loneliness, and low self-esteem)
- Discuss substance use
- Healing around emotional, physical, or sexual abuse
- Healing from sexual assault
- Overcoming fears or phobias
- Body image or eating concerns
- Beginning or maintaining recovery from addictive substances
- Sexuality/gender identity exploration
These are just some of the reasons students seek out counseling and please know that any struggle or concerns are welcome and can be addressed.
College can be a stressful time of life, but you don’t have to do it alone. We look forward to working with you!