The Federal Direct Grad PLUS Loan is available to Graduate students who complete the FAFSA. Grad PLUS borrowers are subject to a credit check process to determine eligibility. An origination fee is deducted from the loan amount therefore, you may wish to increase your total loan amount to cover this fee.
For more information on Grad PLUS Loans CLICK HERE. For Direct PLUS Loans first disbursed on or after July 1, 2023 and before July 1, 2024, the fixed interest rate is 8.05%.
STEPS TO APPLYING:
- Complete the Federal Direct Grad PLUS Loan application
- Complete the Master Promissory Note or MPN.
- The WWC Financial Aid Office will contact you once we have received and processed the application.
- PLUS Loan funds are accepted on behalf of the student once the application and master promissory note is completed.
Determining your PLUS Loan Amount:
Grad borrowers have two options when completing the application. Students can select to have the maximum amount awarded up to the cost of attendance for the program or you can select the amount you wish to have processed.
- Determine which option you wish to utilize in the online application.
- Complete the Master Promissory Note (MPN)
- You may contact the Financial Aid Office or Student Accounts office to help determine the amount.
If you need to change the amount you wish to borrow after your application has been submitted you will need to contact the WWC Financial Aid Office.
- Borrowing limits: Students are only eligible to borrow up the cost of attendance. However, the parent may decline this loan or reduce the amount by contacting the WWC Financial Aid Office. Grad PLUS Loan funds can be used for educational expenses, so borrow only what is needed.
- The maximum eligibility amount per academic year is the school’s estimated cost of attendance minus the combined total of all other financial aid.
- Disbursement: Grad PLUS loan proceeds are sent directly to the college in two disbursements of fall and spring. The funds are sent by electronic funds transfer (EFT). The WWC Student Accounts Office will credit loan funds to the student’s account and any excess will be refunded to the student.
- Repayment: Repayment of this loan begins after full disbursement. The parent borrower may be eligible for deferment options which they may discuss with the servicer.